Via Rich Ditullio
How to play:
– Leave me a comment saying “Resistance is Futile”.
– I’ll respond by asking you five questions to satisfy my curiosity.
– Update your blog/journal with the answers to your questions.
– Include this explanation and offer to ask other people questions.
Rich asked me interesting questions…
1. What national parks are at the top of your list to visit someday?
Most of them. But I will limit myself to three:
Mount Rainier. I thought this would be the place I would get to first step on a Glacier, but I managed that feat in Canada. Still want to see this most impressive mountain anyway!
Grand Canyon: One of the natural wonders of the entire World. I’m there for it.
Yosemite: Because its so damned beautiful. Even if my friends and I made a drinking game out of Ken Burns National Parks show based on the number of times they showed pictures from Yosemite, even if the episode had NOTHING to do with the Park…
2. What is the RPG that you most want to play but haven’t found a group for?
Probably Swashbucklers of the Seven Skies. I really want to see what PDQ can do and the setting is just made of win.
3. By a strange quirk of fate, you are selected to be the next Doctor. What do you choose for your outfit?
Me, the Doctor? Good grief!
Judging from past Doctor’s and the patterns in clothing…
Button up grey and blue-grey shirts, always buttoned to the top button. No tie unless I was trying to get into a formal occasion of some kind.
To get that infinite pocket advantage, my coat would be a light windbreaker, bright blue with grey trim. (I can imagine an episode set on some iceball where my companion is aghast that I am so apparently under dressed for the occasion)
Brainy specs 😉
Sensible white and blue sneakers. If I am going to be the Doctor, I have to do an insane amount of running.
Belt with a silver buckle, inscribed with an infinity symbol.
4. What book or short story would you most like to see turned into a movie?
So many, and I realize that none would ever really be done right.
But if I had to choose one, I would love to have Jack Vance’s Planet of Adventure series turned into a series of movies. And with CGI as it is these days, it could definitely be done and done well.
5. What are your favorite moments that have come out of Strange Bedfellows?
I’ve been running SB for a bloody long time. I’ve had disappointments, failures, and catastrophes. But the game still runs, so I and players I’ve had must be doing something right…
…like Jayson facing off and taking Brand to a stalemate in combat.
…like Ederyn making a snap decision and accepting the fealty of the Weir as Eric’s son
…like tuckerizing myself and my friends the Olsons into a cameo appearance.
…like the shock that Alex’s player had when she realized OOC that Alex was facing off against a Dalek
…and although it was a bit of a clusterflock, the Battle of the Fount at the Keep of Four Worlds.
And many others!