Black Sand beaches?
Minnesota has them, too. Not all of the lakeshore of the North Shore is rocky, and today’s picture proves it. Behold the beautiful sandy beach of the Flood Bay Scenic Wayside, North Shore, Minnesota
Today’s picture for you is of the Falls of the Cross River, on the North Shore of Minnesota. These can be seen on the bridge over the River, and is in one of the scenic waysides that I love so much about Minnesota. These falls aren’t far from the mouth of the River, and the Cross which I showed to you yesterday.
Italicized books are ones I received books from the author, or review copies.
15. Much Fall of Blood, Eric Flint, Mercedes Lackey, Dave Freer
14. Stories, Edited by Neil Gaiman and Al Sarrantonio
13. Dragon Keeper, Robin Hobb
12. The Dream of Perpetual Motion, Dexter Palmer
11. Star Finder, Poul Anderson
10. The Van Rijn Method, Poul Anderson
9.Starfinder, John Marco
8. The River Kings Road, Liane Merciel
7. The Stepsister Scheme, Jim Hines
6. Prince of Storms, Kay Kenyon
5. Into the Looking Glass, John Ringo
4. The Quiet War, Paul McAuley
3. Servant of a Dark God, John Brown
2. Cursor’s Fury, Jim Butcher
1. The Edge of Physics, Anil Ananthaswamy
Another book from the Amazon Vine program…
The next book came via the Amazon Vine program.
The North Shore is one of those hidden gems of America that people outside of the region don’t really know about. I think that’s wrong! In a sense this is America’s “North Coast” as opposed to the East, West and Gulf Coasts.
This is the coast of Lake Superior more than halfway up the Minnesota North shore to Canada, near Grand Marais, at Cascade River State Park.